Saturday, November 10, 2007

Vol 56 The Photos Arrived!

Holy crap! The photo dvd arrived from Turkey today! Dervis sent them a month ago so I had given up on them and substituted photos "borrowed" from the internet. Now, I am happy to show you a few of mine. I tried to choose only the best ones......

More from Ephesus with it's ankle-turning marble streets.

One of my dork moments was finding this. It's the medical symbol! A staff or rod with a snake curled around it.

More of the Temple of Domitium.


The toilets. No, I'm not kidding.

They just sat in a line..... "Uh, Cassius, pass me the TP?"

Another Roman doorway.

My favorite shot of the Library.

Potatoes, onions and apples at the Wednesday Market.

Beautiful herbs.

A mountain of cucumbers. Check out the bags behind him. Even more cukes!

One of my two favorite shots from the market. I was so bummed when I thought I would never see this photo again.

This is the cheese seller I bought the yummy cheese from.

Olives. And you can taste as many as you like.

There were tons of melons there. I'm not really a melon person but I sure enjoyed Turkish melons. Sweet and juicy.

I had forgotten, but there were a few fish mongers at the market as well. They were constantly pouring water over them to keep them cold.

This is the other favorite. I love this woman so much!

The Ephesus Museum. These statues were originally decorating one of the fountains.

Zeus.

Aphrodite.

A sarcophagus.

When I returned to the pension Dervis was harvesting the grapes that were growing on the trellis outside my balcony.

Hope you enjoyed the bonus photos!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the photos. sues I adore different olives. they make a wonderful stocking stuffer!!!! or just a"I love you mom gift"! :) I am so happy you got your pics finally. I thought we were finally finished with the cobblestone and shoe kick but I guess I was wrong again,. Maybe we will get through the next blog without any reference to either at all? Miracles do happen you know. Love you lots. God bless you. Mom p.s. I am getting excited. December 18th is coming soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh ya. I just read the blog again. I can't believe the toilet scene. Sure am happy I didn't live in that era. I remember living through a scene very similar when I was in Hawaii. What an experience that was. There we at least in our own cubicle. We just didn't have a door and people were standning in front of us waiting for us to finish. Life is full of challenges isn't it.

Katie said...

Woo hoo, this is finally working for me!

Susan I am soooo happy that your pictures arrived!! They are fantastic; your candids are especially good.

~Katie

Dory said...

Susan, I love those pictures! The picture of the snake around the rod has other more mystical meanings that i will share with you if you're interested. Love you lots. Keep up this amazing journal!