Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Vol 15 Big News!

OK, big news. Eric and Val are bailing. She quit. She’s been threatening to quit since before I got here. She kept asking for more and more money and Firas kept giving her more and more. But she was never satisfied. Always wanted more. Meanwhile she and Eric and the kids were going off every weekend, spending money like water. Eric was working here too, managing a chain of Precision Tune’s. Car shops. They were not hurting for money. Our office manager ran into Eric’s step-mom, (she and his Dad live here), and she said they have a spending problem. From what I’ve seen I’d have to agree.

So they’ll be gone in 2 weeks and I’ll be floating around in that big house all by myself. Now does anybody want to visit?.......

Firas is trying to find someone to sublet the house and then find me an apartment closer to work which would be nice. But apts here are difficult to find and are usually unfurnished. Not even a fridge and stove. No takers yet on the house. We also need to find a new hygienist if any of you knows one who’d like to move to Oman.

Meanwhile, Firas gave me a raise a couple of days ago. 100RO per month, about $260 US. Nice. I'm feeling the love.

Hardly anyone’s been leaving comments……perhaps no one is reading this……perhaps I should stop writing it…….

5 comments:

Toby said...

Hey What you talkin about Willis?!

That last comment doesn't sound too self-supportive.

Tina and I just got back from a 10 day honeymoon in the Galapagos Islands. It was amazing to say the least. We have lots of pictures and a new outlook on all those people that don't support evolution. Its real simple. They haven't been to the Galapagos.

The trip was really very nice and Tina being a nice person never really picked up on the way in which Ecuadorians navigate a line, which is to simply push your way to the front and step in front of all those well mannered North Americans. We truly enjoyed the experience and are happy to be home. We both missed Tinkerbelle, who had soooo much fun with Tammy, James and Sparkles that she barely noticed we were gone.

Stay cool and I will get you some pics soon.
Toby

Anonymous said...

hey susan,

don't you dare stop writing! i love reading about your adventures and it keeps my mind off of mundane life, which consists of bedrest and not much else for me. i will do my best to get more time on the computer. i love you. keep having fun.

Unknown said...

LOVE the stories!! LOVE THE PHOTOS!
If you stop writing, I'll stop loving.


Its just that simple.

Anonymous said...

addie said...
if i had enough money i would come and live with you but i am white and dont want to be bothered my men

queen said...

Susan/IMISS YOU!!ILove You!!You should write a book!!