Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Vol 14 Scenery

I thought I’d just show you some beautiful photos. Beautiful views are everywhere. I’m still loving it here. Today was payday so I’m loving it even more! I get to go shopping (after I put a chunk aside for traveling). I have a list of things I need to buy that I should have brought. Like a hair dryer. And a handbag. What was I thinking moving here without a single handbag? It’s like I thought I was going camping. I brought only the bare necessities. It’s the weekend here, so I’ll be putting more miles on my car. I have been introduced to an American woman, named Molly, who is here on a Fulbright scholarship to study Middle Eastern Medieval history. She and I are going to have coffee this weekend to see if we get along. I hope so, ‘cause I could use a girlfriend.

This is Qurum beach, 7 min drive from my office. In the evening, this beach is crowded with locals out strolling. Nicest beach I’ve EVER seen. The beach goes on and on in both directions. Perfect sand, perfect water and ……

….this, a Starbucks, on the beach with covered patios on either side to relax and people watch. And they have wireless. Heavenly.

Not sure what kind of bird this is but very pretty. White crane? Heron?

Picnicers at Riyam Park. And always, the mountains in the background.

Yup, every park needs a pineapple slide.

Giant incense burner at Riyam Park. Decorative only.

These gorgeous flowers grow on.….

…..this gorgeous tree.

A traditional dhow.

An Indian father and daughter walking along a waterfront park.

Old houses in Old Muscat.

Dead end…..

Anyone want to come visit?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Susan, I am glad to hear that you are having so much fun. You did such a great job up and moving out of here, of course you forgot a few essentials. Although, that means you get to pick up some practical items that will remind you of Oman in the mundane tasks of life once you've moved on from there. That's always a plus. Glad to hear that you are meeting new and interesting people. Yes, I would love to visit. Love you lots!
-Dory