Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Vol 22 New Love


Today I found a new café with free wireless internet close to my new place. It’s an Italian style coffee house; Cafe Vergnano 1882. And it has hot chocolate so good I may never come home. It's not so much hot chocolate as it is hot chocolate pudding in a cup. Super duper creamy. About 4000 calories. You can almost stand a spoon up in it. Don't see how I can live without it. I'm already planning on devoting a great deal of time to this luscious liquid. I'm not kidding.

This is the machine that produces the cup of perfection. Can you tell how rich is? I may be crazy but I think I'm in love with a hot chocolate machine. I’m drinking a cup of it while I’m writing this and my love is overwhelming me. I guess I'm having a chocolate passion moment. Chocolate sex in a cup. Who needs a man? I could just come here every day and drink a cup of heaven.



Whew, ok, I finished it. Feeling more normal now. I can see I’m going to have to ration myself or I'll find myself here every day, indulging in my new love. Then I’ll gain a ton of weight. I must be strong, decide how much is too much. I see now that they also offer a version of this scrumptious hot chocolate with milk. Maybe I can allow myself that on a daily basis and only give in to the decadently rich version once a week? But life is short and you never know what’s around the bend. I would hate to be on my death bed lamenting that I had not allowed myself more of my true love.


Perhaps the only thing that will deter me is the price. It’s $4.68 US for this heavenly concoction. But now that I think of it, nope, that won’t deter me. I can buy a falafel for 52 cents so that’s just over 5 dollars for dinner. Not bad. Doable for a girl on a budget.

I think the thing to do is to give into temptation and see where this torrid affair takes me. Maybe I can buy one of these machines and continue the affair at home. Otherwise I may never come home….



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. that does sound good. well Sues you are just going to have to bring a machine home and start your own business.Let us all in on your wonderful delight. Besides, its not fair that you tease us this way. If you can't share THEN JUST QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway enjoy once in awhile. Please note I said once in awhile. I want you to fit into the seat on the plane when you come home. Lol. Love you. Mom

Anonymous said...

HAVE A CUP OF CHOCOLATE FOR ME. Love you. Dad

Anonymous said...

Okay, listen up Missy. This gives me only two options-- either an Omani embargo of chocolate products, possibly leading to WWIII, OR, I will have to take up a collection to buy you a fancy machine. ALL, so you will come home one day. Miss you! (LOVE the blog)... D

Anonymous said...

That chocolate looks divine. Please enjoy, (remember to enjoy only enough not to feel guilty, cause guilt is not a tasty treat!)and let yourself indulge once in a while. You are missed, so you would be wise to invest in the machine and bring the chocolate back to your friends and family. Love you! -Dory

Katie said...

S-s-s-usan! Hmmm...doesn't have the same ring to it.

Good job on the chocolate find, that way when our friends and family are bragging about their temperate weather we have something to counter with. ;)

Love the blog- feel free to check mine out too. (phelpsfootsteps.com)

The Kopeck 4 said...

Hey girl, so we are in DC and I just got a chance to check out your blog! how cool!!! can you email me how in the heck to put up pictures??????? thanks karen! hope all is well in Oman and I really do miss it!