Monday, October 1, 2007

Vol 47 Vacation Part 2

October 1st Alrighty, I am in the second country now. Have spent the first 2 days in the capitol city, getting my bearings. Today, after much walking around I sat beside a group of highschool students sitting on some grass. I have to take it easy with the walking these days as I have had something strange happen to my legs. I spent my last full day in Turkey (yes, Turkey, for those of you had not figured it out) walking all over Istanbul, soaking up the culture, taking a ton of photos and eating the delicious street foods. I walked for about ten hours. And it was hot out. I had been invited to another party with the same people I had hung out with when I first arrived. So I was sitting in the coolest bar/club ever, called Pulp (5 stories, a different bar on each floor, 2 live bands) when I noticed that my legs felt strange. Tingly. I lifted my pantleg and found this:

Yikes! I left the coolest bar ever, went back to where I was staying, put my feet up and Googled "legs walking red" and found out I had Golfers Vasculitis. Semi-common with long distance walkers in hot weather, especially with older people. So it's official- I'm old.

Anyway, there I was today, sitting in the grass when I realized my camera was gone. One of those little highschool f*@kers had stolen my camera. They all claimed not to have seen anything. Spent some quality time at the police station. Tomorrow I will return to the scene of the crime and offer a reward to the students for the return of my camera. A local is going to go to the area where stolen goods are sold to see if it has shown up there and to buy it back.

I cried. I cried in the grass. I cried at the police station. That camera cost me more than I can now afford. And I don't want a cheap one. And all the photos I had taken today are on it. As are the photos of my family and friends which I never delete. Because I love you guys and I look at them all the time. Luckily I had burned all of the previous photos to cd last night. And I cried because with my leaky memory I will not remember the things I saw today without those photos.

I am trying not to let it get me down, even though it delays my leaving this city. And I want to leave. Not the best city in the world (I guess that's a hint). The first photo I was going to post of this country is one I took today. And so it is stolen. And so I offer you this one. Taken from the air as I arrived. All the other photos I have from yesterday give away the location. I will post more photos when I have solved my camera problem.



October 2d Today when I woke my first thought was "My camera was stolen". I've thought about it alot and realized how very important my camera has become in my life. If I don't have a photo of something I simply won't remember it. This afternoon a very nice man who lives here took me to search for a camera like mine. It took a while but we finally found almost the same camera. Mine was a Canon Powershot A720 and we found an A710, the model that mine replaced. After much haggling over the price I bought it. It is likely a stolen camera, which felt kinda strange but I'm back in business. Yay! I immediately started taking photos but none of them will work for this blog guessing game. So I searched online and found this photo of the place my camera was stolen by those teenage f*@kers; Hopefully no one will recognize it. Don't want to make it too easy....


Finally tomorrow morning I will leave this city and go to the one I have been wanting to visit. Hopefully I will be able to post from there....

Oct 4th I am loving this country but I will not be able to post much.... Another photo for the guessing.



Oct 6th Last post before I return home. These are not my photos, but I've been here on this trip. So, where in the world is Susan Sarada?





16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh mt gosh Susan. I have been waiting patiently for news of your new adventure. Never in a thousand years expected anything like this. Oh your poor legs. How long does it take to get over this condition. Is it painful. Have your been to a doctor for something to put on it. And your camera. I am so sorry that you lost your camera. What an awful feeling that must give you. You feel so violated when you are robbed. You worked so hard to buy it and some little creep just up and takes it. I do hope the reward helps and you get it back. Please keep in touch and give us updates. Lots you so much. Mom

Anonymous said...

My heart aches for you Susan. Its such a personal thing. You feel a sense of loss and violation. There is nothing else you can do but say "oh well" and do your best to retrieve it. As for you legs I know the feeling I have trouble with legs also. Hope you next blog is cheerier. Love Dad

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your camera Suz. I know how much I love mine and I also know how much you cherish yours and all you express with your wonderful photos. That is a major bummer. Have you heard anything more? I hope your legs are on the mend. I am sure you are itching to get back to exploring your new country.

I will guess Egypt out of the blue.

lot of love, Michele

Anonymous said...

Hi its me leanne. I am a bit weepy today and now that I've read your latest blob I need a tisue box or too. I'm so sorry you got to experence the dark side of kids. I really really really hope for you to have a happy ending and for kama to royally kick them where the sun dont shine. please fogive me for this only being my second text. Lets say i need to work out same persal issues with comunication. All ways thinking of you and go girl see the world.

Anonymous said...

Eeeckkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Your legs don't look so goooood. Sorry bout those legs of yours. Hope those legs get better soon.

My guess is you are in Newfoundland because of the farmland or California because of the palm trees.

P.S. sorry bout that camera of yours. I hope you like your new cammmmera.

Love Little ol me

P.S.S. little ol me means ChloƩ

Dory said...

Dear Susan,

I think that yOu are in Morroco? I know that it's hard to deal with health problems under the best conditions...when you're traveling...ugh!! I hope that you can give yourself enough TLC to heal up. I miss your smiling face! Please take care and have fun! I bet you are in Marakesh? Love you lots!
Dory xoxo

Anonymous said...

are you in Beirut? Mom

Anonymous said...

Nah. your not in Beirut. Mom

Anonymous said...

Another vote for Morroco!

I am going to research the golfy legs, deario... and a pox on the camera thieves. People are right, it is such a violation.

-D

Anonymous said...

ok Sues. I think you have left Rabat and you are now in Casablance. Say hello to Bogie for me. Mom

Katie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your camera. I too would be devastated if someone stole my camera. Whenever I go somewhere I always start scanning the landscape for pictures. I am glad however that you found a replacement.

I was also bummed to hear about the visa denial. I was at a museum yesterday with a section of ancient artifacts from that place (am I allowed to say it now that you're not going?) and was thinking of you. Can't wait to see pictures of the country you are in though. The ones you posted so far look fantastic though I have no idea where you are.

See you soon!
~Katie

Anonymous said...

Ruth says that you are in Greece.
Mom

Anonymous said...

You are in "parle vous francais", Morocco.
Jessica

Anonymous said...

I do not know exactly where you currently are in Morocco but you were in Fes which is the 3rd largest city in Morocco?!
Jessica

Anonymous said...

my guess is that you are in morocco because it looks like morocco and not california. new foundland what was I thinking?
Love little ole me

by the way when are you coming back?

Anonymous said...

"Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

I agree with your mom!

-D