Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Vol 72 Michele Day 4

One thing I have I haven't mentioned is that when my sister arrived on the 13th of February, her suitcases didn't. Every day she would call the airport and every day they would say maybe today. She was wearing all my clothes for the first 4 days. I was eager for her bags to arrive too because my Mom had sent homemade pecan squares with her and I wanted them!

Her bags finally arrived on day 4. Sheesh! Quick transfer my ass!

I took Michele on our first day trip. We only had half a day after we waited for her bags so I drove us up the coast to Al Sawadi Resort. We passed these gates on the way and Michele made me turn around and go back for a photo; they amused her so much. Yes, thoses are giant Omani coffee pots.

Right after I mentioned it was odd we hadn't seen any camels yet these guys showed up. Again I had to turn the car around.

I was happy to do it. Camel still give me a thrill as well.

We passed a little fishing village.

This is where they process and sell the daily catch. All closed up for the day.


Michele's first mud brick ruins.


Nice shots, Michele!


We parked at the public section aof the beach then walked in the sand to the private resort.

We walked in like we owned the place. I met a guy who is a member here last year so I was prepared to say we were meeting him for lunch if they questioned us. But there was no problem. We had lunch by the pool. Probably the most mediocre meal we had while Michele was in Oman but the view was nice and it was so peaceful. Everyday Michele would comment on how peaceful it is in Muscat.

Then we walked back down the beach, passing a couple of Omani families playing in the water.

There were a couple of dudes taking horseback riding lessons.

This guy dropped his cell phone on the beach and when I passed it back to him his horse got a little frisky so I beat a hasty retreat.

Another nice shot, Michele.

I can't remember where we had dinner that night but apparently my friend Mahfoodh joined us. As did Puddles.



Admitedly, this video is pretty lame.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well lame video or not I LOVED IT. I can't believe those coffee pots on either side of that door. Next house I build I want some on my house. I found the ruin pictures interesting. The one of the archway looked like it had teeth hanging down from the top. Are you sure it is not a dinasaur jaw:) Its so good to read your blogs Sues. Keep them coming. I love you lots and lots.

Dory said...

Thanks for the blog. I love the pictures and the stories. You are certainly a great guide. Hope I make it for a visit. Love and Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Great blog posts. I SO BADLY want to be a guest of yours. We must go to that beach! It hailed and sleeted in Bellingham yesterday. Ahhh, spring. Miss you! -Dacia