Thursday, June 14, 2007

Vol 29 Water

Oh, the joy of water was sooooo short lived. I had 2 days with water and now it's been 2 days without. They are rotating water among the neighborhoods. The desalination plants are still not operating at capacity. So I'm back to mini-bathing. Sigh. But I am definitely not complaining. I'm grateful for I do have and all I didn't lose that so many did. My fridge was delivered this morning so I'll finally be able to buy groceries!. Here are some more photos and then I must fly.


This shot of the highway looking like a mini Niagra falls was taken by my friend Yasser. He took all of these photos on his phone camera. This is right by that Mc'Donalds.

And this is a nice one of the highway all torn up.
And this is the road in front of the Starbucks that I showed you He was on the other side of the missing part looking towards us. Firas and I had been trying to hook up with him and his roommate so we could all go together to see the damage. We were not able to meet with them that day as the city was divided in half by all of the damaged roads.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is just incredible to see the photos of the extent of the damage. Was it the water rushing down from the mountains or coming from the sea that ripped up the highway? Yasser took some great shots with his camera phone hey? Who knew? I remember that shot of the road to the Starbucks on the beach on your first blog on the hurricane. I was just MSN'ing with Susan and she let me know she and Firas are finially meeting up with him and his roommate Khaldoun (spelling?)tonight. Hope you have a fun evening, catch up with your friends, and forgot your troubles for a bit.

Love Michele